Veterans Benefits

Use the Veterans Benefits You've Earned

Veterans of the U.S. military who have available educational benefits can enroll in a UCR Extension certificate program. We are approved by the Veterans Educational Benefits Program. Veterans, veteran dependents, and others eligible for veterans education programs should determine their benefits prior to enrolling in courses. Educational benefits only apply toward approved certificate programs.

Accepted Benefit Chapters

  • Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MGIB-AD/Chapter 30)
  • Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR/Chapter 1606)
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP/Chapter 1607)
  • Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA/Chapter 35)
  • Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
  • Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program (Chapter 31)

For detailed information and eligibility for these chapters, visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website.

For more information on how you can use your Veterans Benefits, read our VA Factsheet.

VA-Approved Programs


Arts & Humanities

Business & Management


Education Credentials (CTC Approved)

Engineering & Technology

Environment & Sustainability

Healthcare & Wellness

Languages & Interpretation

Law & Forensics

Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance (TA)

Students using Tuition Assistance must submit the authorization contract from their Base Education to Extension Student Services at the time of enrollment with the enrollment form. Your payment (or student share) that the government is not covering is also due at the time of enrollment. All standard enrollment deadlines and late fees apply.

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts

UCR Extension currently participates in the Department of Defense (DoD) Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program. This program provides financial assistance for military spouses who are pursuing a certificate program of study at UCR Extension. For program eligibility requirements and restrictions, please contact Military One Source at (800) 342-9647 or you can visit their website.

If you would like to use MyCAA benefits at UCR Extension, please review the following steps to enrollment:

  • Establish your MyCAA account at the MyCAA website.
  • Create your Career and Training Plan at the MyCAA website. Make sure you are selecting University of California Riverside Extension as the designated school.
  • Within 30 days of each course start date, a current MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) voucher must be submitted to the UCR Extension office. You can send the form in via mail or fax to:

    UCR Extension
    Attn: Carlee Perez
    1200 University Avenue
    Riverside, CA 92507
    Fax: (951) 827-7273

Note: If you are unable to access the MyCAA website, please contact (800) 342-9647 for assistance.

CalVet College Fee Waiver

UCR Extension programs and courses are not included in the CalVet College Fee Waiver benefits to dependents of disabled or deceased veterans who are enrolled in a California public college.

Student Responsibilities

VA funded students are responsible for notifying the VA Representatives immediately of any action affecting their enrollment status - whether a class has been enrolled in or dropped. Failure to do so may result in termination of benefits. Satisfactory progress toward the stated student objective must be maintained. A veteran student on academic or lack of progress probation status will be disqualified when his/her grade point average (GPA) falls below 2.0 for two consecutive quarters.

Additionally, we require that students shall at all times when on the classroom premises conduct themselves in an orderly and considerate manner, shall appear for classes in a sober and receptive condition, and shall adhere to the UCR Standards of Student Conduct. Violation of these standards is just cause for dismissal.

Verification of Enrollment
Students are also responsible for verifying their enrollment with VA. Almost everyone receiving MGIB-Active Duty benefits, as well as those in the Selected Reserve, must verify their enrollment each month to receive payment for the month.

Your enrollment can be verified on the last calendar day of the month by:

More Information 

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Contact Information

UC Riverside Extension Center
1200 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92507-4596

UCR Extension Center

Tel: Work(951) 827-4105 or Toll-Free(800) 442-4990 toll-free
Fax: Fax(951) 827-7273