Teachers who currently work with gifted and talented students, or who are interested in working with GATE students.
What You'll Learn
- Identification and evaluation of the gifted student
- Methods for encouraging the progress of GATE students
- Approaches to enrich curriculum development
- Techniques to apply critical thinking skills across content areas
- Social and emotional needs
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Teaching positions are available in both public and private schools.
“Taking on the role of GATE Development Leader opened up a world of opportunity for me as an educator and learner. The online GATE professional certificate program suited me perfectly, as I am a full time teacher living and working in Hong Kong. The use of this program has allowed me to constantly reflect and establish meaningful developments in my school, resulting in positive changes for the students.”
Challenge School Development Leader
Discovery Bay International School
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Preliminary Teacher Credential
Transfer up to 8 units to earn a Master's degree.
- School: UCR Graduate School of Education
- Location: Riverside, CA
- Program: Master's in Education (emphasis in Diversity and Equality)
- Transferable units: 8 units are transferable from the GATE Certificate
For more information see How to Earn a Certificate
Our certificate programs are designed to be flexible, allowing you the option to take just a few courses or to earn the complete certificate. If choosing to complete the certificate, we recommend you get the most out of your experience by following the suggested completion path below.
“The Professional Certificate in GATE Education can be completed online, which is perfect for today's busy educators. The program offers in-depth instruction in classroom approaches, curriculum design, the latest teaching strategies, and offers insights into the unique needs of GATE students.”
Principal and GATE Coordinator, Retired, and former CAG President
Riverside Unified School District
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.