- Finance professionals
- Administrative analysts
- Accounting students
- Directors and managers for government and nonprofit organizations
What You'll Learn
- Explore current governmental and nonprofit accounting practices and methods appropriate for school districts, health care organizations, charities, and special districts, including water, transportation, and parks and recreation.
- Review and evaluate presently recommended accounting and financial reporting procedures.
- Common accounting issues, regulatory requirements and taxation for nonprofits.
- Budgeting, including preparation, development, standards and approval process.
- Federal government accounting, analysis, auditing, and reporting procedures.
- Accounting issues surrounding colleges, universities and health care organizations.
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are primarily meant to be in government offices and nonprofit organizations, at the city, municipal, state or federal level. They might include:
- Government Accountant
- Administrative or Budget Analyst
- Director or Business Manager
“This professional certificate program provided me with the skills to increase my understanding of municipal budgeting. The instructors' real-world experience gave me a clearer understanding of the accounting fundamentals that definitely supplemented the academic learning.”
Senior Management Analyst
City of Beverly Hills
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school education or equivalent
For more information see How to Earn a Certificate
Our certificate programs are designed to be flexible, allowing you the option to take just a few courses or to earn the complete certificate. If choosing to complete the certificate, we recommend you get the most out of your experience by following the suggested completion path below.
“Strong technical expertise, coupled with real-world experience, lets me pass on my lessons in a very effective manner. My teaching philosophy is successful with students from various generations with different learning styles. I bring real-life accounting challenges into the classroom, using a variety of teaching methods.”
Jeffrey Court, Inc.
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.