Individuals who are:
- Registered Nurses (RNs) or other licensed healthcare workers
What You'll Learn
- Understand the function and rules of the case manager within the managed care industry.
- Obtain the practical skills needed to assure that quality care is maintained or improved -- despite pressures to reduce costs.
- Understand the models, settings and varieties of case management.
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are available in a variety of industries all over the world, and can be found in hospitals, clinics, government, or nonprofit organizations. They might include:
- Medical Case Manager
- Nurse Case Manger
- Home Health Supervisor
“I had a rewarding, insightful and very educational experience. Many more doors are now being opened for me as I transition away from the bedside--after 20 years in nursing.”
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be a Registered Nurse or other licensed medical professional.
- California Board of Registered Nursing continuing education credit (provider #11713)
- Qualified Professional Case Manager:
- Meets the education requirement for RNs to become QPCM-certified.
- Registration/ exam fees significantly discounted for program graduates.
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) continuing education hours
The Commission For Case Management Certification administers the Certified Case Manager (CCM) designation.
For more information see How to Earn a Certificate
Our certificate programs are designed to be flexible, allowing you the option to take just a few courses or to earn the complete certificate. If choosing to complete the certificate, we recommend you get the most out of your experience by following the suggested completion path below.
“The online delivery of this program is a perfect fit for me. I enjoy everything about hospital case management. It is both challenging and rewarding everyday. I share my love for the field through teaching, and I hope to encourage and assist those on the journey into case management.”
Social Worker & Case Manager
ER Department-Winter Haven Hospital
Winter Haven, FLA
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.