For individuals who are:
- Deputy public guardians or conservators
- CPAs, enrolled agents, financial advisors, or investment advisors
- Adult protective service workers, or social workers
- Anyone who would like a career serving as a representative or trustee.
What You'll Learn
- Legal procedures and codes
- Business standards of practice
- Accounting and asset management
What You Can Do With This Certificate
Positions are available in the legal field, and can be found in self-employment, private firms, government agencies, and the judicial system. They might include:
- Professional fiduciary
- Court-appointed trustee
- Estate administrator
“The coursework balance in my program was perfect and the instructors provided their real-life perspectives, guiding us in learning our discipline, as well as showing us the expectations from the other side. My classmates became invaluable connections in an industry where networking is key.”
Licensed Professional Fiduciary
Chaven-Meinzer Fiduciary Services
Palos Verdes, CA
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school education or equivalent
Professional Licensing and Career Information
California Licensed Professional Fiduciary (California Professional Fiduciaries Bureau). Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree from a nationally accredited university; OR
- Associate degree with at least three years working in fiduciary management; OR
- At least five years working in fiduciary management.
For more information see How to Earn a Certificate
Our certificate programs are designed to be flexible, allowing you the option to take just a few courses or to earn the complete certificate. If choosing to complete the certificate, we recommend you get the most out of your experience by following the suggested completion path below.
“One of the things I enjoy most about teaching in this program is meeting students from all over the state, and from a wide variety of backgrounds. Most are older with a lot of work and life experience which enriches the classes. I keep in touch with many of them, and they have helped to keep my own practice rich and current.”
Clinical Professor & Licensed Professional Fiduciary
Claremont Graduate School
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.