This course is designed to introduce students to the legal setting. Students will gain basic understanding of legal terminology, ethics, and procedures. This course will cover the topics of interpreter qualifications and professional responsibilities. Learning material and class exercises simulate real life experiences and current events.
- Students will be able to define legal court interpretations.
- Students will be able to describe the role of the interpreter.
- Students will be able to apply basic interpreting skills in court settings.
- Students will become familiarized with the interpreter’s code of ethics.
- SPN 852.32 | Qualifying Admission Exam for the Professional Certificate in Interpretation and Translation: English/SpanishEnroll