In this course, students will learn how to navigate across cultural interpretation in the educational field. The purpose is to prepare students to operate through all types of interpretation and translation while applying the modes and roles of interpretation in the community setting. Students will research and understand the different cultural and linguistic barriers between both languages. Emphasis on this course will be placed in the different roles of a community interpreter in the educational and social fields.
- Learn the basic functions and how to manage a session in the different modes of interpreting sessions.
- Enhance Memory and Vocabulary
- Learn and apply public speaking techniques
- Learn and apply how to use technology regarding interpreting/translating to support the interpreting profession.
- Acquire Specialized bilingual terminology.