This course incorporates proven tools and techniques to help professionals improve performance, reduce costs, and streamline processes. This course examines the roles and responsibilities for personnel in all aspects of organizations. Topics include the DMAIC process, visual controls, process mapping, value stream analysis, and data-driven problem solving. Students will experience guided practices in real-world problem solving using LSS tools and techniques. No specialized software is required, only a basic understanding of MS Word and Excel. The tools, techniques, and experience gained through this course allow students to knowledgeably pursue professional certifications in Lean Six Sigma.
- Describe the use and operational principles of LSS and demonstrate their application to support an organization’s management of LSS initiatives.
- Demonstrate the practice of using standard work and visual controls to the management of technical and professional work.
- Demonstrate how leaders use DMAIC, Gemba, and Kaizen to manage efficiently.
- Demonstrate how visual controls are used to monitor the current process state and evaluate data trends.
- Demonstrate how process flow and value stream analysis drive continuous process improvement.
- Demonstrate how Lean management is developed and managed through consistent leadership.