Take Your Education to New Heights
UCP students must demonstrate an advanced understanding of English language, and have a strong academic foundation. Once you check with your home institution to find out which UCR courses are transferable, choose credit classes from across all disciplines. Gain access to courses in over 80 undergraduate majors, and 50 graduate programs. UCP students can earn one or more certificates, depending on the length of stay and number of units taken. Time to complete certificates is subject to number of units taken and course availability in each quarter.
How it Works
UCR Main Campus (Undergraduate and Graduate Level)
Courses are available in the sciences, humanities, and many other areas at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in the daytime and evening.
- Our College Advising office helps you create the best schedule, and ensures you have a full course load of 12 units.*
UCR is one of only three UC campuses with an undergraduate program in Business.**
*Students may not get into their first choice of courses, because availability may be limited.
**Some courses, such as in the MBA program, are restricted and/or require additional fees.
UCR Extension offers a range of academic courses in a variety of areas during the late afternoon and evenings.
- Many UCR Extension courses carry credit, and offer a unique opportunity to study with experts who are real-world practitioners.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to earn a UC Professional or Specialized Certificate.
Build your professional network, and make connections you can use in your future career.
Who Can Attend
- TOEFL score of 550 (80iBT) or IELTS score of 6.5
- Minimum age: 18 (or high school graduate)
- No degree required
- This is a full-time program
You must obtain F-1 (student) visa
- Winter 2021 30-Dec to 25-Mar
- Spring 2021 22-Mar to 11-Jun
- Summer 2021 21-Jun to 10-Sep
Fall 2021 20-Sep to 10-Dec
How to Enroll
- Enrollments in Certificate programs MUST be done through the University Credit Program.
Quarterly tuition for the University Credit Program is for a total of 12 units.*
- *Amounts are in U.S. dollars and reflect tuition cost only
- Join a Postgraduate Diploma, Certificate, or Master's Pathway program (additional fees may apply)
- Programs may include both academic coursework and an internship
Receive FREE college advising when choosing and enrolling for UCR main campus or UCR Extension courses
- Get personal assistance if you wish to apply for an undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Get personal assistance or attend a FREE workshop to help you write your personal statement, apply to community colleges, or universities in the U.S.
- Take a test preparation course (additional fees apply), including:
Before You Apply
You will be asked create an account and you will need to provide a valid email address, mailing address and other personal information. Collect any required documents so that you are prepared to upload them.
- Agency, embassy, partner university information - only required if you have one.
- Copy of your passport photo page.
- Statement of Financial Support Form - only if your program requires an F-1 (student) visa.
- Financial statement from the bank, in English - only if your program requires an F-1 (student) visa.
- If you are applying as an F-1 transfer student from another U.S. institution, you must submit copies of your current I-20 form, I-94 form, and F-1 visa. If you are accepted, your acceptance letter will provide further instructions on completing your transfer.
- If you are under 18 years old, have your parents complete the parental release form.
Note: Some programs require additional documentation.