Grades and Grade Appeal and Satisfactory Academic Progress

Student Resources

Grades and Grade Appeal and Satisfactory Academic Progress


Grades are submittted by instructors within 2 weeks after the last class meeting. You may view and/or print grades on your student portal.

  • Login to the portal
  • Click "my enrollment history" to view the list of "enrolled" and "completed" courses
  • Each course line will give options
  • Click the print button and then select "statement of grade" under the course
  • A PDF will appear enabling you to print

If you have any problems viewing or printing your grades, call the Student Services desk: (951) 827-4105 or (800) 442-4990 or e-mail

All grades except I (incomplete) are final when filed by UCR Extension instructors.

UCR Extension's Grading System:

  • A
  • B
  • C
  • D
  • F
  • I

To receive an incomplete and later revise the grade, the student must file a petition containing a written agreement between the instructor and the student detailing completion of coursework. If coursework is not completed as agreed, the grade automatically reverts to an F. The petition is filed with the instructor and is due at the time the instructor turns in the class gradesheet, and it is entirely the student's responsibility to gain the instructor's approval of the agreement before that time. Petition forms are available at Student Services.

Grade Appeal
If a student believes that non-academic criteria have been used in determining his/her grade, he/she shall attempt to resolve the grievance with the instructor in the course through written appeal. Students who wish to appeal a grade must submit the request, in writing, to the instructor within 30 days of the final grade posting.

Pass/Not Pass
Students in 300 or 400 series courses have the option of being graded on a pass/not pass basis. Students in courses numbered 1-299 do not have this option. Pass is interpreted as Grade A, B or C; not pass is interpreted as grade D or F.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

For financial assistance purposes, "Satisfactory Academic Progress" is defined as a minimum of six units for a minimum of two terms per calendar year. Most lenders require satisfactory academic progress to maintain loan status


close [x]

Submit Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.

Add Supporting Files